How many times when we want to cast our computer into TV. For ex: we have videos stored on our computer that can’t be broadcasted or transferred to our TV. Or we saved a bunch of pictures that we want to share with our family on a bigger screen. Whatever our reason is, it is a must to know how to connect our computer to our televisions. And thanks to advanced technology, we can choose from different products or applications that can mirror Windows 10 PC to Samsung TV, either wired or wireless. So without further ado, check out the detailed instructions below and choose what will suit your needs.
Three Easy Methods to Mirror Windows PC to Samsung TV
Method 1: Using Miracast Device – Mirror Laptop to TV Wirelessly
Here’s the another wireless solution, the Miracast technology. It is often described as “HDMI over Wi-Fi” because it enables different devices to establish a connection using wireless networks. This was first introduced in Windows 8.1 and later on, almost all laptops and OS adopt the said tech. Miracast is capable of playing HD videos on your TV. Furthermore, it can display all the ongoing activities on your monitor. To know how to connect PC to TV, refer below:
- Navigate to your computer settings and then click on “Devices”.
- Next, go to “Connected devices” and hit “Add a device”.
- Wait for your computer to finish detecting devices and from the available options, click on your TV.
- In the event that your computer doesn’t automatically connect your TV, right-click on your mouse and choose “Display settings”.
- From there, set the multiple displays to “Duplicate these displays” and then hit “Connect to a wireless display”.
- Once your TV is detected, click on the “Connect” button to finally mirror PC to TV.
Although it can be considered a breakthrough in terms of connectivity, there are still some issues persisting concerning Miracast. First, it doesn’t stream your device all the time. And up until now, users can’t find solutions for this. Second, you might suffer from lags between your computer and TV. And lastly, it does not allow multitasking.
Method 2: Using Chromecast – Reliable Method to Mirror PC to TV
Next, you can rely on Chromecast. It is a streaming device designed to connect your computer or mobile gadgets to TV. With this, you can cast your music or pictures and watch online videos from sharing sites like YouTube, HBO, and Netflix. Similar to the first one, the process of connecting your devices are pretty straightforward. But if you have difficulties, follow this guide to stream PC to TV:
- Get your Chromecast device and plug the HDMI cable into the port of your TV and then connect the USB wire into any power outlet or compatible port.
- Search for “Google Cast” on your Google Chrome Store and install it as an extension.
- Open a new window on your browser and click the “Cast” button.
- Finally, when your laptop detects the external devices, search for your TV and click on it. And then you can mirror PC to TV.
Even though Chromecast seems to be a good alternative, bear in mind that it operates over Wi-Fi. Therefore, if you have a weak internet connection, only to find some lag and low-quality display.
Method 3: Samsung Screen Mirroring PC – with Samsung Smart TV
Choosing a Samsung smart TV isn’t cheap, but the money really pays off if you download the Samsung Smart View APP to help with screen mirroring PC: Download, install and launch the mirroring application (Available for free at http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/smartview/) on PC, and it works like a streaming hub, mirroring any media you throw at it when the sender and receiver successfully connect to the same Wi-Fi. To use Samsung screen mirroring PC function, your device has to be one of the following models:
|Screen Mirroring Supported Samsung TV Models|
|2011LED D7000 and above, PDP D8000 and above.|
|2012LED ES7500 and above, PDP E8000 and above.|
|2013LED F4500 and above (except F9000 and above), PDP F5500 and above.|
|2014H4500, H5500 and above (except H6003/H6103/H6153/H6201/H6203).|
|2015J4500, J5500 and above (except J6203).|
|2016K4300, K5300 and above.|
Now you can try to connect your PC Windows with Samsung TV based on three method above. Enjoy your windows screen on your TV, please share your experience with Us.