Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter App is a very useful software that allows you to connect your Windows 10 device to a TV screen, monitor or projector. In other words, you can use it to stream movies, view photos, or display a presentation on a big screen without using any cables. If you’re having issues with the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter app, here are some things to try.
The app shows “You’re not connected”
If the message “You’re not connected” appears in the app:
- Make sure both the HDMI end and the USB end of the adapter are connected to your HDTV, monitor, or projector.
- In the app, select Refresh.
App always shows “Waiting for connection”
If the app always shows “Waiting for connection,” first make sure your device is connected to the adapter, then disconnect the adapter and reconnect it. Here’s how:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen or select Action Center in the taskbar.
- Select Connect. The adapter will appear at the top of the menu. (If the adapter doesn’t appear at the top, your device isn’t connected to the adapter.)
- Select the name of the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter and select Disconnect.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen or select Action Center .
- Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select the name of the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter to reconnect your device to the adapter.
The adapter won’t work if you are using a proxy server to access the Internet.